Tuesday 15 May 2007

Human Communication

NEWS FEED

Previous week I made like 15 concepts to create this new visual language, to communicate with our small green crawling friends.

Conclusion : I doesn't matter how you communicate, important are the rules we make to what we communicate.

So from my previous concepts I choosed the Stellar as a grid to communicate. Then I decided to create a map of newsblogs(rss feeds) all over the world. The daily news as a mirror for human society.

The different colors are based on the newsfeeds.

My visual experiments:






















2 comments:

Twopoints.Net said...

I've got some questions:

1. Are the blogs the content you want to communicate to the Aliens and the your map is the key to understand them or are the blogs the communication tool itself?

2. If the map is the key, how does your color system works?

Some links that might interest you:
http://www.visualcomplexity.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niklas_Luhmann

Mesh Print Club said...

Thank you for the comment. I found the article about Niklas Luhmnann very interesting.

"Social systems are systems of communication".

I guess my project is a mirror of human society today, because al the broadcasted news is what reflects our daily activity as human beings.
So my aim was to create a map which contains al the newslines. The newslines are connected on it's category( which is indicated with a color).
The position of the newsitems on the map could be sorted on time, published place, or where the news happend. The circles indicates the popularity of the newsitem. Or the impact from the news on it's location.

A Finals step could be using images instead of titles.