Thursday 10 May 2007

Continues: Super personal communication

Now that I have found the way we skaters communicate through the city centre of Rotterdam, I must develop a human language, which is readable to all skaters. The way we skaters communicate to referrer points has never been visualized.

I have to sort things out on how I would visualize some aspects of the communication. The way I want to visualize this communication is to create a map on which I place some known referrer points to have a start point on our own map, this for people that never have visit Rotterdam and need a hold-on. Next to that I will create the ways/roads we travel to these skate spots, which are only named by terms we skaters use. Then I will visualize all the floor patterns so we could see which places are good to skate. The last thing will be al the emotion on the street, for example the places you should not skate at night because of the danger.

Concept

Map with the visualization of the personal communication used by skaters in the city of Rotterdam. The map includes names of streets (personal names, streets we just skate through don’t have names cause for us there just the way we use to get to the spot), hold-on spots for people that don’t know Rotterdam, floor plans so we could see where its good to skate. Last but not least are the emotions of the street. Places we don’t skate cause of the danger (violence) or people we meet on the street like bums that hang out there everyday.

No comments: